Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wicked. 2003 Original Broadway Cast Recording


Music and Lyrics: Stephen Schwartz
Released: December 16, 2003
Label: Universal Records

Wicked is a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz and a libretto by Winnie Holzman. The story is based on the best-selling novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire, a re-imagining of L. Frank Baum's classic story The Wonderful Wizard of Oz from the perspective of the witches of the Land of Oz.

Wicked tells the story of Elphaba, the future Wicked Witch of the West and her relationship with Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. Their friendship struggles through their opposing personalities and viewpoints, rivalry over the same love-interest, their reactions to the Wizard's corrupt government, and, ultimately, Elphaba's public fall from grace. The plot is set mostly prior to Dorothy's arrival from Kansas, and also includes several references to well-known scenes and dialogue in the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.

The musical debuted on Broadway on October 30, 2003. It is produced by Universal Pictures and directed by Joe Mantello, with musical staging by Wayne Cilento. Its original stars were Idina Menzel as Elphaba, Kristin Chenoweth as Glinda, and Joel Grey as the Wizard. Although the production received mixed reviews and was panned by The New York Times, it has proved to be a favorite among patrons. The Broadway production's success spawned productions in Chicago, Los Angeles, London's West End, Tokyo, and Stuttgart, along with a North American tour that has visited over 30 cities in Canada and the United States.


More Info: Wicked (Wikipedia)
Link

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do a wicked blog :) I have just started and i need suggestions as how i can improve it but most of all I need followers. :)

http://wicked-timsmithy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that meticulous make. The prices for the velcros are about 340 bucks on every page. But completely I set this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices seeking the velcros are about 230 bucks on every site. But for all I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices for the shoes are about 200 bucks on every site. But for all I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

I love this show! I saw it in the West End though, does anyone know if there's much difference between the Broadway and West End productions? I managed to get a good deal on Wicked tickets

Anonymous said...

I got this web site from my pal who shared with me concerning this web page and
at the moment this time I am browsing this web page and reading very
informative articles at this time.

my blog losing weight fast

Start Business in Delhi said...

Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

Web Developers Delhi said...

Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.